Hello Neighbors and Voters,
Your Options for Voting:
A. The NORMAL Primary Election voting site for our precinct 337 is Wauconda Park District Community Center, 600 N. Main St, next to Cook Park. (You must register by Tues., Feb. 18 to vote in the Primary, normal or early.) Voting date is Tues., March 18, 2014, 6AM to 7PM.
B. The NEW EARLY ONLY Primary (and General Election) VOTING LOCATION, in person, is Lake Barrington Village Hall, 23860 Old Barrington Rd, about ¾ mile north of Hwy 22 and just south of Kelsey Rd, in Lake Barrington (Cuba Township). Their phone number is 847-526-8381. This CHANGE is a CONSOLIDATION of EARLY ONLY voting sites in Wauconda Township and Cuba Township, and in several other townships in Lake County, in order to reduce the number and cost of election judges; this change is instituted by the Lake County Clerk’s Office. The early voting time frame is March 3 – March 15, 2014, Monday through Friday from 9:00AM – 4:30PM and Saturday from 9:00AM – 2:00PM. You must bring a government-issued picture ID of yourself to vote early. For further information, call 847-377-2410 with questions, or go to www.LakeCountyClerk.info.
Note: The Normal voting location for the Primary (Mar. 18, 2014) and the General Election (Nov 4, 2014) is still the same as indicated in A. above.
Our Districts in Precinct 337 for 2014: (They are still the same as for the newly-drawn districts of 2012.) Precinct 337 Districts are: District 31 (State Senate), District 62 (State Representative); District 17 (Lake County Board), and District 14 (U.S. Congressional) (all of Wauconda Township).
Note: Overall, Wauconda Township is divided up into three Senatorial Districts (26, 31, and 32) and three Representative Districts (52, 62, and 64).
Endorsed Candidates: The following Republican PRIMARY candidates, all-pro-life, pro-family, and pro-economy were interviewed and endorsed by the Wauconda Township Republican Club:
- Jim Oberweis for U. S. Senate; currently IL State Senator for District 25. Runs against Doug Truax (no previous office) in Republican Primary and Democrat Dick Durbin in General Election.
- Jeri Atleson, CPA, currently a pro-family, taxpayer advocate, for Lake County Treasurer. A “fresh wind, fresh fire” candidate. Runs against David Stolman, former LC Board Chairman.
- Bob Grogan, for Illinois State Treasurer; the first time a CPA would be in this position. Runs against Tom Cross (who as current State Representative voted for same-sex marriage in Springfield, redefining marriage in IL).
There are four Republican candidates in the Primary for Governor/Lt. Governor in Illinois:
- State Senator Kirk Dillard/State Representative Jil Tracy. This is the Team to vote for! They are a skilled, experienced, trustworthy, honest Team, with solid pro-life, pro-family, pro-traditional marriage Republican values; tested and prepared to work with a Democratic-controlled Springfield but without compromising their Republican values; pro-job creating environment, reduce taxes.
- Bill Brady/ Maria Rodriguez
- State Treasurer Dan Rutherford/Steve Kim
- Bruce Rauner/Evelyn Sanguinetti (endorsed by WTRC but not preferred by this Committeeman). No previous legislative experience; pro-choice; close friends with Democrats House Speaker Madigan and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel; voted in 2006 Democratic primary; has donated over $870,000 to Democrats around the country; professed anti-union; “I am a social liberal.”
In addition, the following are the Republican candidates in Wauconda Township, running unopposed in the Primary:
- Dave McSweeney (incumbent) running for State Representative for District 52.
- Rod Drobinski is the new Republican candidate for State Representative for District 62, including Precinct 337; to face Dem Sam Yingling (incumbent) in the General Election.
- Randy Hultgren (incumbent) running for U.S. Representative for District 14
- Nick Sauer (incumbent) running for Lake County Board, District 17
- Barb Wheeler (incumbent) running for State Representative for District 64
You are invited to attend the Wauconda Township Republican Club meetings at 7:00PM on the first Wednesday of each month at Wauconda Township Hall, 505 West Bonner Rd., Wauconda, IL.
Also, you are cordially invited to the Annual Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner Fund Raiser. It will be held at the Legion Hall in Wauconda, 515 S. Main St., Saturday, March 1st, at 5:00PM. The cost is $40.00 per individual, $75.00 per couple.
Please feel free to call me (Mike Bailey) at 847-526-0729, or email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or thoughts. I would also like to invite you to visit my michaelrbailey315.wordpress.com blog. Your email or cell phone information will be kept confidential. Request to be my “friend” on Facebook : Mike Or Linda Bailey. Follow me at Twitter: @mrbailey315 .
315 Brown St., Wauconda, IL 60084
Mike Bailey, Precinct 337 Committeeman